- Is HARMONY-Hormone Support a hormonal medication? HARMONY-Hormone Support does not contain any hormones in it. The herb Vitex works by stimulating the pituitary gland to produce progesterone.
- How long should I take HARMONY? It is recommended to take HARMONY-Hormone Support consistently for at least 3 menstrual cycles for notable changes although some women notice changes within their first cycle.
- Does Vitex in Harmony act like progesterone medication? No it does not. Vitex stimulates the production of your natural progesterone while progesterone based medications contain synthetic forms of progesterone.
- Will Harmony help my hormonal acne? HARMONY-Hormone Support may help reduce the occurrence and severity of hormonal acne. It works to support hormone balance and detox the liver both of which contribute to clearer skin.
- Can Harmony reduce PMS symptoms? PMS symptoms can be a sign or hormonal dysregulation, consistent use of HARMONY-Hormone Support may help alleviate symptoms of cramping, craving, bloating and migraines.
- Can HARMONY help shrink my fibroids? Fibroids occur due to hormonal imbalance that arises from excess oestrogen and insufficient progesterone. HARMONY-Hormone Support aids in detoxification of excess oestrogen while stimulating the normal production of natural progesterone. Achieving hormonal balance can help treat conditions such as fibroids.
- Can I drink FORTIFY-Uterine Tonic tea while pregnant? No. FORTIFY-Uterine Tonic is a pre-conception tea that is best taken when preparing for pregnancy.
- Since I started using HARMONY I don’t get constipation anymore, is there a connection? Yes, HARMONY-Hormone Support promotes liver function and the metabolism of excess oestrogen which contributes to improved digestion.
- I have pain due to endometriosis, will HARMONY help? Inflammation is one of the main symptoms of Endometriosis. Some of the Herbs in HARMONY-Hormone Support help in reducing inflammation and pain thus offering relief to painful conditions such as endometriosis.
- Will HARMONY treat my Endometriosis? One of the causes of Endometriosis is estrogen dominance, ensuring normal hormone function may help reverse symptoms of endometriosis.
- Will FORTIFY help me stop spotting mid-cycle? Mid-cycle spotting can be the cause of a number of reasons including weak uterine tone. FORTIFY-Uterine Tonic may help strengthen the uterus and prevent spotting.
- I’m on contraceptives, will I get pregnant if I use the VITALITY BLEND? The VITALITY BLEND is a multi-functional general health supplement for women that helps your body manage various stressors. It supports hormone balance and a healthy libido, reduces fatigue, boosts energy and improves mental function.
- Can HARMONY help me conceive? If hormonal imbalance particularly insufficient progesterone is the cause of your fertility challenges then you may benefit from using HARMONY-Hormone Support which supports the production of progesterone. DO NOT USE DURING PREGNANCY.
- Can I take HARMONY and Clomid/ Fertomid together? No. HARMONY-Hormone Support encourages hormone function differently to fertility medications and may counteract their effects.Do not combine natural remedies and synthetic medications unless under the care of a health care provider.
- I have PCOS, which product do would you recommend? HARMONY-Hormone Support will encourage hormone balance, VITALITY BLEND will support healthy metabolic function and insulin levels. If you are trying to conceive, TRIBULUS will support ovulation and good egg quality.
- I’m trying to conceive and feel very anxious, I know stress is not good for me, what can I use? The VITALITY BLEND contains adaptogenic herbs which help the body manage stress and promote a sense of well-being and calm. This helps reduce inflammation caused by stress and supports normal progesterone levels necessary for conception to take place.
- What can I take to promote ovulation? TRIBULUS is a fertility tonic that is renowned for promoting ovulation and improving egg quality. It also soothes inflammation which may support healthy implantation.
It feels like it came out of nowhere. You have used every product there is under the sun, its gets better temporarily then it comes back….with a vengeance! You keep getting flare-ups, big bumps that hurt when you touch them, when they eventually pop the scars left behind are bigger and darker than ‘normal’ pimples, the more you stress the worse it seems to get. What are you missing? There have been so many wonderful reviews by others about all those products, yet they seem to do nothing for your skin?
Two words. HORMONAL ACNE.
What is it?
Hormonal acne is mainly caused by fluctuations in the levels of your hormones, particularly a rise in androgens or male hormones such as testosterone. This is generally a condition that occurs during puberty but it is common in women who experience abnormal fluctuations in their hormonal levels. Hormonal acne in adult women maybe an indicator of underlying medical issues particularly of a gynaecological nature.
Treating hormonal acne requires a systemic approach, this means that what you do internally will be more effective than what you put on your skin although a good skincare routine that involves gentle and natural products must not be overlooked.
When treating hormonal acne and acne in general, it is important to keep in mind that the skin is an organ of elimination and so improving overall elimination in(liver,lymph bowels etc) will reduce the burden on the skin.
How to tackle Hormonal Acne
- Seek professional help. First and foremost see a gynaecologist to make sure that your hormonal acne is not a result of a medical conditions such a ovarian cysts, Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), fibroids etc. These conditions result from hormonal imbalances so it is important to see a professional for proper diagnosis.
- Use herbal supplements. When it comes to aiding hormonal regulation, some herbs such as Chaste berry and Liquorice root do a wonderful job. The advantage of using herbal supplements to help balance your hormones is that they are safer, have less side effects and are generally more gentle on the body. A herbal formula like HARMONY helps to improve your overall hormonal function by regulating the production and release of hormones which is beneficial when dealing with hormonal acne since it is caused by fluctuations. It also aids to detox the liver which plays a major role in hormonal balance and the health of your skin. Additionally, the use of alteratives ‘blood cleansers’ like Red clover and Dandelion work to remove toxin build up in the circulatory system and organs of elimination, encouraging proper excretion. SKIN RENEW tea aids in the detoxing and cleansing of various systems of the body that contribute to skin health. It helps the body properly metabolise excess hormones and toxins that contribute to hormonal acne.
- Eat skin healing foods. Diet plays a major role in skin health. There are foods that cause inflammation and trigger breakouts. There are also foods that aid to heal and regenerate the skin. The two biggest dietary culprits when it comes to acne are refined sugar and dairy foods. Sugar has no nutritional value and causes inflammation which in turn causes acne flare ups. Dairy also causes inflammation, in addition to this it is a food that is loaded with hormones that are meant to make the infant of the (cow/goat/sheep) grow big and grow quick. These hormones in dairy when consumed by humans particularly women may disrupt our own hormonal production thus contributing to hormonal acne. Foods that are rich in antioxidants such as beta-carotenes and essential fatty acids are beneficial to the skin, they help to heal and regenerate skin. Bright coloured fruits and dark green coloured vegetables are fantastic skin healers.
- Have a good skincare routine. Though most of the work to combat hormonal acne must be done internally, establish a good skincare routine. It is essential to ensure that you use gentle chemical free products on your skin while it heals. African Black Soap is a natural soap that is 100% chemical free. It contains healing botanicals and nourishing oils that are kind to the skin. It is commonly used for various skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.Doing periodic facial steams may also speed up the healing of the skin.While a plain water facial steam is good, herbal facial steams are an excellent way to unclog pores, control oil production, soothe inflammation and promote wound healing. Alternatively, the facial steam herbs can also be brewed and the ‘tea’ used everyday as a cold facial rinse/toner.
Avoid excessive washing,scrubbing and pimple popping,this all increases inflammation and irritation.
Use natural oils and butters like rose hip oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil and shea butter which nourish and protect the skin. They also help to balance oil production.
Essential oils such as lemon and lavender tone and heal the skin as well as reduce the appearance of scars.
Aloe vera gel is a wonderful soother that heals and supports the regeneration of new and healthy skin.
Clays (green, bentonite, rhassoul) help the skin to properly eliminate by drawing out toxins and buildup out of the pores.
This herb is commonly known as Vitex Agnus Castus, Chasteberry or Monk’s pepper and the parts mainly used are its berries. Vitex has long been used for gynaecologic conditions, fertility and as an aphrodisiac. It is commonly found in tablets,capsules or tincture form.
This is the ‘go to’ herb for women especially in hormone related conditions. Vitex is to hormones as yoga is to the body; it helps in restoring balance and harmony.Vitex is one of the key ingredients in our best seller HARMONY-Hormone Balance tincture.
It is commonly used for:
- Acne- the use of Vitex along with diet and lifestyle changes has proved to be beneficial for hormonal acne.
- Fertility problems-due to endometriosis, cysts, fibroids etc. Vitex is used to help balance hormones this in turn prevents the advancement of these conditions and may alleviate symptoms.
- In cases of anovulation, Vitex may help stimulate ovulation by the third menstrual cycle
- Habitual miscarriage-due to progesterone insufficiency, this typically happens in the first trimester and women who experience miscarriages in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy may benefit from the use of Vitex in their first trimester.
- Hyperprolactinemia (a possible cause for endometriosis)
- Insufficient lactation
- Luteal phase dysfunction
- Menstrual irregularities(amennorhoea, dysmenorrhoea, oligomenorrhoea)
- PMS(premenstrual syndrome)
- Menopausal anxiety and hot flashes
It does not contain hormones itself but Vitex has been shown to increase progesterone in the body, which is beneficial to countering unopposed oestrogen; Oestrogen Dominance.
Use of this herb is not recommended in conjunction with Oral Contraceptives, Hormone Replacement Therapy or progesterone drug as it may interfere with these.
It is recommended that Vitex is taken consistently for a minimum of three months to effect notable change. Herbal Practitioners often recommend that it be taken in one single dose early in the morning.